General Volunteer Registration
Thank you for your interest in joining the World Masters Athletic Toronto 2020 (WMATO2020) Team! The success of these Championships depends on your contribution! We welcome the participation of those with a passion for the success of the Championships, those who wish to experience the event operation of the World Masters in their own City, and those who want to spread the excitement of WMATO2020!
WMATO2020 will welcome over 8000 athletes from across the globe for 13 days of programming and 11 days of athletics competition running from July 20 – August 1, 2020. Our goal is to provide a world-class event and to do this we rely on the expertise of our many volunteers. In return, we hope our volunteers enjoy a valuable and memorable experience as part of our dynamic team. We’re so excited to have you on board for this exciting journey.
With competitive events and celebrations occurring at venues across the Greater Toronto Area throughout WMATO2020, there are many different ways to get involved! We’d love you to Volunteer for WMATO2020 and we’re sure you’ll find it a rewarding experience.
WMAT2020 is using “Better Impact”, a well-known Volunteer Portal to communicate with our hundreds of Volunteers. Please read through the following steps and important dates before proceeding to the Volunteer Application link below.
Please note: If you wish to apply as an experienced Team Lead, please complete general volunteer application through Better Impact and scroll to the bottom of this page for information on how to submit your resume directly to our Manager of Administration.
My Impact Volunteer Registration – Important Notes:
- Please remember to save your login and password.
- Under the My Profile/Additional Info tab, complete About You to the end of the page including the
mandatory Volunteer Criminal Self Declaration.
- Look under My Profile/Interests to see the range of volunteer positions.
- Look under My Profile/Training to see the initial online learning modules – you can begin to
complete these modules and check-off completion under My Profile/Qualifications.
- If you already have a “MyImpactPage” account, simply sign in using the box at the bottom right hand side:
- If you don’t have a “MyImpactPage” account, create an account using the box at the bottom left hand side:
- Then, please complete the Application form in its entirety and click “Submit Application” and we’ll be in touch with you very shortly.
WMATO2020 Volunteer Registration – Important Dates:
March to May:
- Our volunteer portal is your source for information. Please visit regularly to stay updated and see additional online learning modules.
- You will receive regular e-newsletters to keep you in the loop and to announce June training session dates.
June and early July:
This is the period for job-specific training onsite.
- You will be invited to attend an in-person session for your selected role and take a venue tour.
- Field of Play volunteers (working on the track or field during competition) will be invited to
observe local track meets to see athletics in action, and to attend one of several practical
training sessions at Stadium sites from May – early July.
July 20 to August:
WMATO2020 Championships are on!
We look forward to working with you this summer and we are grateful for your support. When we work together there are NO LIMITS to the ways in which we can support our community!
Volunteer Team Leads
Are you an experienced team lead? We are currently looking to fill the following lead volunteer positions:
- Entertainment Coordinator
- Executive Administration Assistant
- Translation Coordinator (French and Spanish are the primary languages, others languages are also welcome)
To apply, please e-mail your resume to the WMATO2020 Manager of Administration at: email@example.com.