Athlete Registration for World Masters Athletics Toronto 2020 (WMATO2020) is now open.
Please read carefully the ‘Entry Requirement Procedure’ below before proceeding to the registration link.
Notes: WMATO2020 comprises of male and female competitions in 5-year age groups starting from athletes age 35 (as of July 20, 2020) and upwards. There are no qualifying performance standards for the World Masters. From elite competitors to recreational athletes, everyone is welcome.
To register you must be a member of your National Affiliate (WMA Member country), i.e. Canadian Masters Athletics, USATF Masters, British Masters Athletic Federation etc …
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS AND PROCEDURE
Competition will be held under IAAF regulations as modified for Masters by WMA via their Competition Rules and any other special rules specified for this competition.
Athletes may enter online or by using a paper entry form. Online is the preferred method of entry. See below for details about each method. All entries must include full payment to be considered valid. Athletes who cannot pay online must instead send a paper entry form and payment to their WMA National Masters Member (“Member”), which will then register them and pay on their behalf.
The entry deadline is 18 May 2020.
No entries will be accepted after the entry deadline.
All entries are subject to validation by each athlete’s respective Member. Members will confirm the athlete’s date of birth, citizenship and/or residential qualifications and other relevant requirements. After an athlete’s registration has been validated, its status will display as “accepted” on the list of entries online (www.wmatoronto2020.com). Validation is a manual process that each Member completes, so there will be some time (days or weeks) between when you submit your registration and when it is validated. Athletes who have questions about the status of their entry should contact their Member. For athletes who reside in a country where there is no WMA National Masters Member or where the Member fails to fulfil its obligations, their entries will be subject to the approval of the WMA Council.
Registration Fees (in $USD)
Registration Fee $72.00
Each Individual Event $36.00
Combined Events $49.00
Half Marathon $49.00
Accompanying Person (age 13 and older) $35.00
Accompanying Person (under age 13) $10.00
Athlete’s Party $50.00
Additional Country-specific fees varies by country
Online Entry Procedure
1. Go to www.wmatoronto2020.com and complete the online entry form prior to the entry deadline
2. Submit payment by credit card (Visa or Mastercard) at the end of the entry process
3. Print the confirmation screen for your records
4. If you have not previously competed in a WMA championship, you must send a copy of your birth certificate to your Member
5. Your Member will then validate your registration
Paper Entry Procedure
1. Contact your WMA National Masters Member and request a paper entry form.
2. Confirm the latest date required by your Member for submission of your paper entry. NB: Your Member MUST input your entry and payment into the on-line system by the closing date of 18 May 2020 for it to be valid.
3. Complete the entry form and make a copy for your records.
4. Mail the completed entry form and all entry fees to your Member prior to the
entry deadline (do not send paper entry forms directly to the LOC). Paper entries sent to your Member for processing MUST include all entry fees.
5. If you have not previously competed in a WMA Championships, you must send a copy of your birth certificate to your Member. Your Member will submit your registration, pay on your behalf and validate your registration.
(13 and older) – will get accreditation, a water bottle, a tote bag, and a four day TTC transit pass
(under 13) – will get accreditation, a water bottle, and a tote bag. TTC is free using a manned subway entrance.
Only one relay per country, per age group is allowed. Entry for relays will be done during the Championships by team managers.
Pole Vault Poles
A variety of poles are available to rent for $40.00USD
Please contact Peter to check availability; email@example.com
Athlete Registration is suspended