NEW! Coaching Development Course available at WMAToronto2020 Championships
Enrol in a two-day coaching course with expert instructors in your choice of one of four disciplines: Sprints/Hurdles, Endurance, Jumps, Throws.
Saturday July 18 & Sunday July 19, 2020
SPECIAL INVITATION TO ALL WMA FEMALE ATHLETES
Your opportunity to grow to the Coaching role, become a leader at home and help other women in the sport
Course Title: Coaching Development Course
Course Description: This is a standardized Athletics introductory coaching course. Open for all WMA athletes registering for WMATO2020
Participants will select one of four modules and are introduced to all facets of that event.
Coaches will leave trained in one event.
The focus of this course is to prepare the coach to develop an athlete’s skills over a season of 12-24 weeks.
During the two days, participants will study in one large group for part of the time. At other times you will work with those in your selected event and in practical sessions on-field at Varsity Stadium.
Instructors: Athletics learning facilitators are experienced coaches from the Toronto athletics community. Many of the instructors are females to encourage masters females from around the world to learn while in Toronto, and to provide an inspirational role model.
Dates: Two-day course: Saturday July 18 and Sunday July 19
Time: 9am to 4pm to be confirmed
- These dates are the two days prior to the first day of competition at WMATO2020
- Accreditation Centre at Varsity Arena is open during these dates so you can pick up your credentials in advance of competition dates
- On Sunday afternoon the course will conclude in time to attend the Opening Ceremony with your country team-mates
Location: Athletic Centre, University of Toronto
55 Harbord St., Toronto
Classroom # to be announced
Classrooms are within 10-minute walking distance to Varsity Stadium
Participant Fee: $90
- Coaching Development two-day course
- Experienced athletics learning facilitators
- Convenient classroom at University of Toronto’s modern athletic building
- Practical on-field sessions at Varsity Stadium
- Lunch both days (healthy lunch bag lunch at your classroom for your convenience)